Nov 11, 2017
Episode: #30 Mike Boyd on how to become a
skill learning maestro
Who: Tonight’s guest is Mike Boyd.
Mike is a Scottish Youtuber, who is breaking down the mysteries of
learning skills and showing you how easy it actually is. In this
interview, we cover Mike's story, learning skills and how you
should approach it, fixed mindsets vs growth mindsets and how you
can become a master in learning skills as well and so much
What we cover
- Who he is - Youtube Skill Maestro
- What motivated him to learn new skills
- Why his videos resonate with others
- How he picks the skills that he focuses on learning
- The definition of a skill
- The process he uses to learn a skill
- Why do people struggle to learn new skills
- Can all skills be learnt the same way?
- Was Malcolm Gladwell right? Do you need 10,000 hours of
practice to learn a skill?
- How you can amend your daily routine to learn a skill you've
always wanted to learn
- Time claimed vs time actual practising
- His mentality of learning skills - how it can be easier than
you ever thought possible
- Overcoming making mistakes and failing as he learns - what
keeps him driving forward in his goals
- Has he turned learning skills into a hobby or a business? Can
anybody do what he does?
- How does he record his videos?
- How does he deal with negativity from family, friends and
- Are there essential and fundamental skills that all men should
be able to do? What he thinks you should learn due to the reward
you'll get from the journey!
- What learning skills has taught him about life and running a
- Being a learner vs being a coach
- Growth mindset vs fixed mindsets and helping schoolchildren
change their outlook on life and what they can achieve (Carl Dueck
- Mindset book)
- How you can encourage your children to learn new skills
- How does he deal with the fast break questions including his
favourite podcast, superhero and the biggest failure of learning a
skill he's made .... and how he is going to fix it!
- What he wants people listening to take away from this
- How you can keep in touch with him?
- So much more
Connect with the Guest
Something to reflect on
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast,
please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly
enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your
feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps.
Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for
updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who
offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is
an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load
||What the affiliate is
A monthly subscription box of premium fitness apparel,
equipment, supplement, snacks and more. We offer a variety of
plans, including a single month purchase, 3-month, 6-month, and
Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code section and get 10% off
Athletic Fit Denim, Chinos & Jeans. Engineered for
Performance. Tailored for a Perfect Fit.
Want to listen to another episode?