Oct 2, 2018
Episode: #50 John
Lee Dumas on building a podcast that ignites your listeners
Who: John Lee Dumas is one of my favourite
podcast hosts. He is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an
award-winning podcast where he interviews inspiring Entrepreneurs
every Monday and drops value bombs every Thursday. With over 2000
episodes, 1.3 million listens every month, and seven-figures of
annual revenue, JLD is just getting started. Visit EOFire.com to
set YOUR Entrepreneurial journey ON FIRE!
A quick word about the affiliates before we get to the
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve
managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome
companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals,
and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for
Want to optimize your health? Then you need to try Onnit! Use
the code ‘NEXTLEVELGUY‘ in the discount code
section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your
basket of great supplements and fitness gear. You really need to
check out Alpha Brain, a cognitive enhancer that makes your brain
work more effectively. They are also offering a number of free
trials of supplements you should take advantage of.
For others, I am particularly loving the ‘The Way of the Seal’
by Commander Mark Divine, I liked it so much I had to interview
him, which will be out in a few weeks, Ross Edgley’s awesome new
book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ which provides awesome advice on
training, health, nutrition and building successful lives and some
super soft, super comfy and gain showing jeans from Barbell
Apparell. Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code
section and get 10% off all orders there!
For all of the free trials and special deals etc on these and so
much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did
during the interview. Enjoy!
What we cover
- What podcasting is and how do you know if it is for you
- How he keeps things going forward and avoiding burning out
- Tips on how to manage tasks
- How does JLD prep for each guest and how his approach to
the guests which may sound counter-intuitive but is actually really
- How JLD helped me fix a big problem I had on the site!
- How JLD conducts such quality interviews
- Are there any real reasons why you should wait before starting
your own podcast?
- The interviews he is most proud of
- What he wants everyone listening to remember and take from this
- And so much more
Some things to reflect on
- People who succeed tend to have one big idea and go all
- It needs to be something that you are passionate about to
succeed, to keep motivated and moving forward
- Batching is a great method to get work done
- Be creative and take rests; you need both to succeed
- No style is perfect or the 'right way', but you need to enjoy
it and go for it
- Commit to it and see how you feel after 30 days and then review
- great advice that can be applied to anything!
- How can you make your podcast different to all the other
podcasts out there
- What an unusual fact about JLD is and how you can watch footage
- How can you provide great value to your listeners?
The links you will need to connect with the
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast,
please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly
enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your
feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also
click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on
the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
Products you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who
offer some amazing products for you to check out. I highly
recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate
link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load
||What the affiliate is
Blinkist summaries the important points of books for quick
Natural by RSD Maxx
Learn to become a natural with women by learning how to become
the man you were always meant to be!
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the
checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great
supplements and fitness gear
Want to listen to another episode?