May 1, 2018
Eric Bandholz on Beards, brands and building your own
Who: Today’s guest is entrepreneur and
founder of Beardbrand, Eric Bandholz. He has built a very
successful business in teaching and providing men with amazing
grooming products and advice on how to build your facial hair into
In this interview, we discuss beards, business, grooming hacks
and how to make your facial hair represent the true
Affiliate highlight: Before we get into
that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up
some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows
me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive.
Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further
I am particularly loving the Gainz Box and it’s awesome fitness
goodies straight to your door, the delicious protein from 'The
Protein Works', Alpha Brain the cognitive enhancer from Onnit and
some awesome steaks from MuscleFood, which are amazing with fried
veg! For these and so much more, check
What we cover
- Who he is and why he is well known
- What got him interested in the grooming world and why he
started to grow his beard
- How interest in facial hair has changed over the years - does
having a beard = being a man?
- What defines masculinity for him and what makes a good
- The story behind Beard Brand and where the inspiration for the
name came from
- How he combined masculinity and feminity into his business
- Tips on working with partners on a project
- Can anyone build a business or a better question: should anyone
try to build a business of their passion?
- How he made it OK for men to start showing their beards some
much needed TLC!
- How the media affects our style and has changes in the medias
portrayal of beards changed his business and clients
- Who are 'Beard Role Models' and who does Eric consider as his
- How do you know if your facial hair suits your face, your style
- Can we do anything to help grow more facial hair and how do you
pick the facial hairstyle that suits you?
- His tips for product creation and his experience on 'The Shark
- How you should start grooming your facial hair and the
philosophy you should approach this with
- The grooming products and accessories that Eric loves (and not
all are his!)
- How you should build your new facial hairstyle into the rest of
your evolved life
- How has fatherhood changed him and his style and bsiness
- What the future of Beardbrand is
- What Eric wants everyone listening to take from the
- What is an unusual fact about Eric that few know
- How can you keep in touch with Eric and the evolution of
- And so much more
Some things to reflect on
- "I always felt pressure not to have a beard ... I felt that
pressure again to be someone I wasn't" - are you acting a way for
someone else or being true to who you are?
- "A guy should be free to grow or shave off his facial hair" as
he pleases - Your look and appearance should be about who you want
to represent to the world, not for anyone else
- "Being aware of yourself and being the person you want to be is
- "If things are running smoothly then you probably aren't
pushing the comfort level of your business enough"
- "It's a passion project for me ... something I love" - it's a
cliche but if you work on something you love, it will never feel
like work and it'll keep your interest
- Business is not just about fixing the problem of the day, it is
also about preparing for potential future problems and figuring out
how to resolve them
- "The majority of the population is OK with facial hair"
- "You're the person who spends 100% of their time with you" -
live your life for you, not for others, be who you want to be!
- Your facial hair is linked in with your DNA so "the sooner you
learn to love the person who looks back at you from the mirror, the
better experience you are going to have"
- "Do what you say you are going to do" ... provide a top service
and story, people will come back
- "There is no one path", you need to follow the path that
closely aligns with who you are
- "Be the person that you want the world to be"
Connect with the
- Visit Eric's site here
- Instagram channel
- Youtube Channel
- Beyond the beard
- Beards Because
- Beard Board
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast,
please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly
enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your
feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps.
Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for
updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who
offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is
an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load
||What the affiliate is
A monthly subscription box of premium fitness apparel,
equipment, supplement, snacks and more. We offer a variety of
plans, including a single month purchase, 3-month, 6-month, and
Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code section and get 10% off
Athletic Fit Denim, Chinos & Jeans. Engineered for
Performance. Tailored for a Perfect Fit.
The coolest gear at the best prices to make you a true man
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the
checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great
supplements and fitness gear
Want to listen to another episode?