Jan 16, 2018
Episode: #34 AJ Harbinger on how to
improve your social skills
Who: Today's guest is co-founder of the
Art of Charm, AJ Harbinger, who is one of the world’s top
relationship development experts. His company, The Art of
Charm, is a leading training facility for top performers that want
to overcome social anxiety, develop social capital and build
relationships of the highest quality. In this interview, we delve
into what being social is, why it is important and creating
frameworks for you to succeed and build the social skills and life
that you wanted.
Before we get into that,
a quick word about our affiliates. I've managed to build up some
great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to
obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive.
Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates
further info. I particularly love the 'Tribe of Mentors' book by
Tim Ferriss, the comfy, gain highlighting jeans from Barbell
Apparel and the meat stack from Muscle Foods, which fills my
freezer and my belly. For these and so much more, check out
What we cover
- Who he is
- The Art of Charm and why you need to check it - obtain improved
social skills, better confidence and get better with the opposite
- What being 'social' actually is and why you should analyse and
improve your social abilities as soon as possible. Why do we need
to be social?
- Can you learn to be social or are you born with a level of
- How the Art of Charm was built, where the need came from and
what they teach.
- Does he seem particular pain points with modern men - where do
we struggle with our social abilities mainly?
- Why he started to work on social skills and teach others - how
helping others has allowed him to heal an old self-esteem
- Social anxiety vs just not feeling it - how do you know when to
- How the mind builds new abilities - how should you work on
changing your social skills and becoming 'more social'
- Building data points and why it is important
- Identification of poor social communication
- A breakdown on how to improve social skills - things to focus
on in each interaction
- Context: Emotional vs logical - how it affects social
- How you can become a better storyteller - learn to tell stories
that will make people remember you
- A great challenge that you can undertake today to build better
connections with those around you
- Why you need to learn how to become vulnerable around others -
an example using my own experience!
- How you can build a social circle, regardless of the
environment or location you start in - AJ provides a brilliant
framework on how to build a social life, block by block
- How you can overcome the panic and nerves you will initially
learn when you are working on building up your social skills (can
be applied to any skill you wish to learn)
- Routines and practices that AJ recommends all men build into
- Has the implementation of modern-day technology ruined modern
men's social skills
- How you can overcome rejection - why you should actually seek
it to overcome it
- Confrontation - how to become better at it
- What has AJ learn from running his own podcast and the
similarities of successful people?
- How AJ's science background has helped him be more social and
an example when his attempt at being social went wrong!
- PAssing on social skills - how to ensure that you raise the men
of the future to be social
- How we can keep in touch with AJ and the 'Art of Charm'
- A little-known fact about him that he rarely tells
- And so much more …
Connect with the
Something to reflect on
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast,
please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly
enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your
feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps.
Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for
updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who
offer some amazing products for you to check out.
I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is
an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load
||What the affiliate is
A monthly subscription box of premium fitness apparel,
equipment, supplement, snacks and more. We offer a variety of
plans, including a single month purchase, 3-month, 6-month, and
Use ‘NEXTLEVELGUY’ at the discount code section and get 10% off
Athletic Fit Denim, Chinos & Jeans. Engineered for
Performance. Tailored for a Perfect Fit.
The coolest gear at the best prices to make you a true man
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the
checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great
supplements and fitness gear
Want to listen to another episode?